New Year, New You - Pretty Real

New Year, New You

2:53 PM



So we're about three weeks into 2010. How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? If you're anything like me, you haven't even written them down yet. Perhaps I should consider "stop procrastinating" as the first resolution. I was curious to see what the most common New Year's resolution was so I did a little research to find this list*:

~ Drink Less Alcohol     ~ Get a Better Education     ~ Get a Better Job     ~ Get Fit
~ Lose Weight     ~ Manage Debt     ~ Quit Smoking Now     
~ Reduce Stress at Work     ~ Reduce Stress Overall     ~ Save Money     
~ Take a Trip     ~ Volunteer to Help Others

*According to usa.gov.

I find it interesting that the majority have to deal with finance and physical health. I know those areas are at the top of my list. Here are a few resources that may help you actually stick to your resolutions this year.



Sure SNL makes fun of Suze Orman, but I have always found her advice to be super helpful and very easy to grasp, unlike some finance professionals.  With books including "Women and Money" and DVDs such as "For the Young, Fabulous, and Broke," I feel like she's definitely got my number!!  Check out her resource center for helpful tips on reclaiming your financial health.

Dave Ramsey is like the Dr. Phil of personal finance.  I love his straight forward approach.  With city billboards that remind us to "act your wage," he never fails to get our attention.  Check out his 7 baby steps to begin moving toward financial peace.



Ok so these are workouts you can do in the comfort of your own home (anyone else feel like a fool while trying to figure out gym equipment?) with amazing results. To be clear, I haven't done any of them BUT I personally know people who have done each workout and who have achieved the results they were looking for in a relatively short period of time.

I myself put Yoga Booty Ballet on my Christmas list and can't wait to start using it.  I know...you're thinking wasn't Christmas a month ago?  Why hasn't she used it yet?  Well my 6 weeks postpartum was just up last week so I'm really only one week delinquent (I did mention I'm a procrastinator right?).  In any case I definitely plan to use it and will post my review AND results here for all to see!  Beach Body's P90X and  Insanity Workout (above) are both fairly intense, but you (WE!) can do it!  Now's the perfect time to get in shape...what with bikini season only a short 5 or 6 months away...

If you're looking for something a little less intense, or if you already have your workout regime but simply need some tips or guidance, check out Self's Jump Start Diet.  On their site you can get advice on eating healthy and working out.  You can also log your meals (if you've never done this, try it!  It's insane how many calories one can consume without even realizing it) and talk to other members via their community center.  In addition, they email you a tip a day to help you reach your goals one baby step at a time.
Here's to a financially and physically fit 2010!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Definitley feel like a fool trying to figure out gym equipment! Plus, it always feels like everyone is watching you, which of course they aren't, but it feels that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaunna, they probably are watching you. That's what happens when pretty girls go the gym. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe