Nadia's Dedication. - Pretty Real

Nadia's Dedication.

9:08 AM


We recently dedicated Nadia to the Lord.  I always thought of dedications as something Christian parents do as an equivalent to a baptism….I never thought of it as something God desired, if that makes sense.  When we dedicated Genevieve, our pastor, Pastor Don came to our home and spoke of the importance of a dedication ceremony (Did you know that Jesus Himself, was dedicated or “presented” to the Lord [Luke 2:22]?!).  I also like that during the ceremony our pastors challenge the church to be a positive influence on the child’s life as well.  I love the thought of our church body praying for our little ones, protecting them, and being our eyes and ears!  It takes a village right?!  The dedication itself was awesome- to hear Pastor Don and Pastor Ed speak words of encouragement to us and over our sweet Nadia blessed my heart! 

As for the brunch afterward--of course, it’s me, so I started out planning to do all this cute décor, including digital scrap paper, tags for the drinks, and fabric table runners.  The little girl blowing a dandelion on the invitation was my inspiration.  This is the ‘design board’ I started with:


However I quickly came to my senses and reminded myself that I was trying to keep this party really low key and more importantly inexpensive.  I really want to use some of these ideas in the future though.  I love the idea of dandelions as a theme!  Although I ditched most of the ideas above, I did make a few poms, use mason jars wrapped with raffia and adorned with cute paper straws, and bright tablecloths.  Let me tell you- it’s not as easy to find aqua and coral as you might think!  Fortunately I found enough of it to get my color scheme across. These pictures aren't the greatest but hopefully you'll get the idea and just trust me that it was cuter in person. ;)




As for the food, I was a little nervous about it. It was only immediate family but other than Joe’s birthday, I've barely hosted anything without my mama’s help.  I decided on a brunch mostly because I love breakfast food but also because it’s easy and inexpensive.  I was careful to choose a menu that would allow me to do most of the prep the night before.  

I’ll tell you my menu just in case you’re anything like me—the menu is always the hardest part for me! I like finding recipes that others have used and liked so here’s mine:

Appetizers:
Fruit- my MIL brought this.
Veggies/Ranch- keeping things simple!
Deviled Eggs- made the night before.
Monkey Bread (made by my sister-in-law).

Main:
Jimmy Dean Sausage Casserole- did all the chopping/prep the night before.  This is actually a crock pot recipe and took a bit longer than I expected making it in the oven... 
Hash brown casserole- all chopping/prep the night before
Ultimate Chicken Salad- I LOVE this chicken salad.  I made this the night before.

Drinks:
Princess Punch (& water)- found the recipe for this punch on pinterest but I didn't pin it so I can't find it!  
Dessert:
Ball Jar Cheesecake with raspberries, mint, and chocolate chips- made the night before. 


The brunch was yummy and the weather was beautiful—allowing most of our family to hang out outside.  Our house is tiny and our recent remodel left us with no ‘real’ dining area so entertaining when it’s cold and rainy is nearly impossible.  It was gorgeous and in the 70s so most everyone ate outside and the kids stayed outside almost the entire time.  







My little princess slept through almost the entire event, which actually worked out well!  Here she is afterward (along with a few other pictures).  The day was a success and I believe that my little Nadia will walk with the Lord all the days of her life.  Amen. ;)  





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe